Harristown is a suburb of Toowoomba,
Queensland, Australia, located to the southwest of
the city centre.
The suburb was officially named in 1981, and is
believed to honour George Harris (1831–1891), a
Brisbane businessman. Originally in the Shire of
Drayton, Harristown was first opened as the
Harristown Estate in 1902, and in 1911, Harristown
State School opened. From 1915 until 1993, the
suburb had a functioning railway station on
the Toowoomba–Wyreema line. After World War II,
the area boomed.