Martinsville is a small town near Morisset and west
of Lake Macquarie in New South Wales, Australia.
Martinsville is part of the West Ward of the City of
Lake Macquarie local government area.
Martinsville was first settled by Europeans between
1861 and 1866. The first industry in the area was
The public school opened in 1878, but this was
eventually closed and pupils transferred to
Cooranbong Community School. Martinsville sits
in a small valley at the base of the Watagan